iPinit: What's For Dinner   

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What's For Dinner

OK SO I didn't think I would make two posts in one day but here I am. I found this great recipe for Island Chicken on...Yeup you guessed it Pinterest. http://pinterest.com/pin/280912095477670517/
It looked so yummy I wanted to lick my iPad. I followed the directions for the marinade except instead of soy sauce I added Organic Tamari. It tastes like soy sauce but is soooo much better.
I had to taste it before I added the chicken just to see what it was like. I have to say it was a little bland for my taste. When I think of "Island Food" I think of flavor and spice! So I decided to tweak this as bit. I was on a mission for Island Flavor. For starters, I added another clove of garlic....I LOVE GARLIC! I was looking for some spice but really didn't want to go the cayenne pepper route. I decided to use Sriacha Hot Chili Sauce. I added a tablespoon for some heat (I would like more but the kids were eating too so I had to tone it down. I felt that it also needed something sweet so that is where the honey comes in. I added a tablespoon of honey and taste tested again. YUM!
After marinating for a couple of hours......on the grill it went. I have to say it turned out pretty darn good! I served it with grilled asparagus, marzano tomatoes with Gorgonzola cheese with a balsamic drizzle and of course a nice glass of pinot grigio white wine.
I recommend this recipe but taste the marinade first and tweak to your taste. Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment